Monday, February 7, 2011

So, What Happened?

Well, what happened is that first of all, Tony Danza's show was canceled, so when I got behind on reviewing there wasn't any point in catching up. We really liked that show and wanted to see it through to the end. Second, we found out we are pregnant with our second child Christmas morning, which means that my non-fiction reading is very much centered on parenting books at the moment. I hope to get in a couple more education titles before the chaos of the new baby this fall. I had also hoped to tutor some this semester, but even though my old school's guidance counselor was very enthusiastic, there hasn't been a call.

This morning in the car on the way home from play group, I was thinking about the day that I go to my last play group session. We think that will be in about four years when number 2 starts preschool, though depending on what days it meets, we might still go. Definitely though, in five years, we will no longer go and I will return to work. It was sad thinking of leaving something I'll be doing twice a week for seven years! That's longer than I taught for! As for starting back to teaching while being a mom, I don't think about that too much. Its so far away that it doesn't make sense to envision what my classes will be like or even what school I will be at. I do know that I will have to stay after school much, much less and be more organized about the due dates of essays, and give slightly fewer of them.

The only other teacher news I have currently is that my form to renew my teaching license came in the mail. I didn't think I'd be seeing it for months since it is good until July, but I guess if you hadn't done course work you would like some notice. I'm not looking forward to figuring it all out. When my initial license up after two years, the guidance office took care of all the paper and I just handed them a check. I'm a little worried about messing this up or just be frustrated. Luckily, I'm pretty sure that my friend is renewing hers now, too, and we completed our Master's together, so we should have similar things to take of. I also plan on taking a trip to the high school to speak with the guidance worker who did it for me last time to ask questions and I might need to get paper work from her to, not sure since I can't deal with formal paper work.

No comments:

Post a Comment