Sunday, June 3, 2012

Time Saver: Eletrical Tape Chart

I picked this tip up at my husband's old office. 

If you need to make a chart on the white board for which you'll be erasing items in the boxes frequently, this is a great time saver. 

Instead of drawing the lines with marker, make the lines with electrical tape.  No matter how much you erase or how sloppy you erase, your chart will stay behind with dark, fresh looking lines. 

I used this for a reward chart we used over a period of weeks, but there are many other uses. 

Now that I think about it, you could use this for any type of line you want to last, not just charts.  For example, you could use it for lines that segregate areas of your white board or to draw a number line, y and x axis, or time line.  My old middle school had a chalk board tool for making sheet music lines, so I'm sure some product exists today to serve that function, but you could also make the lines for music with electrical tape.

(You could also try using wet erase marker instead of dry erase marker to make chart lines that last). 

No comments:

Post a Comment