Sunday, June 17, 2012

Time Saver: Reusable Rubrics

I used this idea for daily class participation rubrics, but really it can be used for any form you use frequently. 

Instead of having students use a new form each time, laminate enough copies of the form for two days.  Then, stock up on dry erase markers. 

If you are using the form daily, make it part of the class procedure for students to pick up their rubrics and markers and to fill them out and return them to a set location. 

After you have recorded the information on the form, erase the rubrics. 

After a while, the rubrics will get a bit dirty.  I more than once had detention or study hall students with nothing to do wash my rubrics with a cloth and board cleaner. 

I often considered using this for rubrics I filled out while grading, but never did it because I wanted the students to have to copy of the rubric with items circled to provide the easiest feedback as to why an item earned the score it did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment