Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Example of Writing with Your Students

I tried to write with my students frequently.  This is an example of revising.  I put up various drafts of the same piece with different class periods over several days and revised aloud as they watched.  I did everything as usual, excepting that I thought aloud.  Sometimes I'd ask for student input as an example of conferencing, and other times I just modeled. The pictures below are overhead transparencies.  I like to revise by hand on a typed copy, so this method worked well.  You could also use a Smart Board.  I encourage you to show your students how a writer works by sharing what you do.  After you've done this several times, you can invite students to take a turn revising or conferencing in front of the class.  

Draft 1:



Draft 2:

Draft 3:


No comments:

Post a Comment